Thursday, March 12, 2020

Representation

Hola amigos y amigas! 

I hope you all have been doing good and enjoying each new post I publish. Today I want to talk about representation and how we are using this to diversify our film opening. This is a highly important topic that more consumers should know about and appreciate when they see it any piece of media they view.

The media industry is continually improving with new innovations and technology, software, actors, film ideas, distribution methods, and the list can go on and on. However one important topic that is doing better but isn't there yet is representation. Representation is crucial in a film opening because it,"means that America can finally see itself in all its multicultural, multiracial, beautiful self, there's more minorities than stereotypes, and it can make disadvantaged groups become real people". (www.stanforddaily.com) I've talked about this previously but, when you watch a movie or film a majority of the time the actors and actresses are white. There is minor culture and diversity in productions making media fail at representing and celebrating the vast amount of cultures and races in the world and America. The more inclusion of minorities and women, the higher rate in popularity and income the show or film will receive.

In our film opening, we are including representation of women and hispanics as our lead role in the movie is a female teenager and her family and background is hispanic. This especailly hits home because as I am the lead role, I am able to show the audience my culture and what my parents have taught me about my background. Our culture and rate in popularity increases awarness for the minority groups. 


The more diverse representation, the better the media industry will do increasing their income and future in media production.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

To end this long awaited journey off, I present my CCR and my last blog for this project. Enjoy :) Alternative link: https://drive.g...