Friday, February 28, 2020

I have good news and more good news

Okay do you want the good news or the other good news?


Nice choice... so the good news is we have the complete family that will be in the opening. Jessica Briceno(me as the daughter), Susana Briceno (as the mother), and Jim Briceno(as the father).


The other, better good news is we still have a way to still depict our idea but it won't be cheesy or montagey!!!


We are going to begin the piece with a black screen and laughter coming into the background. Then the visuals will appear and the first moment will begin which we listed below. We want to vary the emotions that the daughter(me) and father(my actual father) experience together and include a couple with the mother(my real mother) to show that in the past, they were a complete family. All these moments are also real things that I have done with my family


Memories will include:
1.Happy (watching a movie and biking)

We want to include happy moments to show the close connection there was between father and daughter. The movie shows a heartwarming moment with the complete family. The biking scene will portray an activity that the daughter and father like to do together.


2. Frustrated (math hw and driving)

Life is never always happy and we want to show the moments where the daughter is angry and thinks her life sucks. The dad helping with math homework is a classic teenage moment that is relatable to our audience, 18-30 year olds. The driving scene also can be relatable with a parent teaching their child how to drive a car. This happened with my father and I and we can really show the frusturation in each point of view.


3.Sad(crying and he comes over)

We want to touch the hearts of our audience and emphasize that the dad cares for the daughter and has a close, strong connection with her. A moment where the daughter was crying and the dad comes to console her and make her feel better can clarify this.


4.Silly(pancake making include mom)

A silly, cute moment we thought of is when my dad and I used to make pancakes with each other on saturday mornings. We want to include the mother in this scene too to show there was a happy, complete family.


5.Nervous (you got this about to play in soccer game)

Last we want to show how the father is always there for the daughter in times of need and is her #1 supporter. I played soccer with my dad as my coach for the past 10 years, he was my guide and taught me how to play the sport I still love, though I play lacrosse now. The scene can show me being nervous to go in and my dad saying, you got this I believe in you.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

To end this long awaited journey off, I present my CCR and my last blog for this project. Enjoy :) Alternative link: https://drive.g...